Litt's Drug Eruption & Reactions Manual
J Litt, 19th edition, softcover, 664 pp., 2013. In its 19th Edition, Litt's Drug Eruptions and Reactions Manual (D.E.R.M.), is a guide to drug eruptions, adverse reactions and clinically relevant drug-drug interactions associated with over 1300 drugs. This simple, well-organised book systematically catalogues . . . More details
In its 19th Edition, Litt's Drug Eruptions and Reactions Manual (D.E.R.M.), is a guide to drug eruptions, adverse reactions and clinically relevant drug-drug interactions associated with over 1300 drugs.
This simple, well-organised book systematically catalogues adverse reactions and cutaneous side effects of generic drugs that are used to treat dozens of conditions. Internationally relied on for nearly two decades by dermatologists and medical practitioners, the book contains detailed profiles for drugs that are listed and indexed in alphabetical order.
The book holds comprehensive drug information and offers an unparalleled focus on cutaneous and mucosal reaction patterns. Over 35,000 adverse reactions and drug eruptions are listed, and wherever possible, incidence levels for reactions are included. Reaction listings and incidence data are supported by thousands of up-to-date, peer-reviewed references from MEDLINE, including drug trials, review articles and case studies.
The new edition includes tables of class reactions for ten categories of widely prescribed drugs like tricyclic antidepressants, ACE inhibitors and TNF inhibitors. Each table shows at a glance whether a specific reaction is recorded for all drugs in that category or, if only a few of them, for which ones. This will be an invaluable stimulus to safer and more knowledgeable prescriptions.
- Over 1350 drug profiles
- Pregnancy category information for over 900 drugs, included for the first time
- 60 new drug profiles added to this edition, together with updates to each and every existing record in past editions
- Supplements, vaccines and other biologics also profiled
- Potentially hazardous drug-drug interactions (if any) mentioned for each drug
- Contains lists of drugs responsible for/associated with important reaction patterns
- Includes descriptions of important reaction patterns
- Drugs are listed and indexed by their generic and trade names
- Specific reactions that could arise from drug combinations mentioned