3M Skin Closures (Reinforced) are the standard for wound closure and wound support.
Sterile skin closure strips that are made of a porous, non-woven backing coated with a pressure-sensitive, hypoallergenic adhesive and reinforced with polyester filaments for added strength.
Reinforced Steri-Strip skin closures provide general wound support for increased tensile strength and finer wound edge approximation.
- White, non-woven, rayon-backed, material reinforced with filaments for strength
- Microporous material is breathable
- Hypoallergenic adhesive
- Provides wound support and assists in increasing the tensile strength of the wound
- Provides better cosmetic outcome than sutures or staples
- Permits early staple/suture removal
- Allows finer wound edge approximation
- Reduces the risk of infection
- Less scarring when compared to staples or sutures.
- Enhances patient comfort and less chance of infection than with sutures or staples.
- Fast application.
- Comfortable to wear.
- Reduces likelihood of skin irritation.
- Providing wound support following early suture or staple removal.
- Appropriate for low tension wounds.