WoundSeal MD Powder is a non-prescription mixture of a hydrophilic polymer and potassium ferrate. The powder's mechanism of action is a simultaneous two-step action whereby the hydrophilic polymer rapidly dehydrates the blood and absorbs exudates while the potassium ferrate agglomerates with the blood proteins to create a seal that stops bleeding. WoundSeal MD Powder does not depend on the body's natural clotting mechanism to form a seal. Four Applications Per Pack.
How Does WoundSeal MD Work?
When poured on a wound and upon contact with blood or exudate, in combination with manual pressure to the wound, WoundSeal MD Powder quickly forms a strong seal that completely covers the wound and stops the bleeding. The protective seal stays in place until the wound is healed, then falls off naturally. The ingredients are a mixture of a hydrophilic polymer and potassium ferrate. WoundSeal MD is not a vasoconstrictor or a cauterizing agent. The powder is not biologically derived and is non-toxic.
For External Bleeding From:
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery
- Skin tears
- Cancerous lesions
- Other non-suturable wounds
- Stops bleeding in seconds
- Shows less scarring and reduces erythema according to a published clinical study*
- Conveniently packaged in single-use applicator tubes
- Portable - send an application home with your patients for peace of mind
- Contents of tube are sterile.
*Study on file with manufacturer
|Manufacturer Item Number||CSU048|
|Country of Origin||United States|
|Hazardous Shipping Restrictions||Not Hazardous|